Answers the telephone, register patients, routes clinical calls in accordance with practice policies. Greets patients, obtains and verifies patient information. Creates and updates patient records accordingly. Observes strict patient confidentiality in dealing with callers.
|Department:||Front Desk Personnel|
|Time Requirements:||Full Time (>= 36 Hours)|
High School Diploma
1. Answers telephone. Gives information about the practice within the limits of practice policy. Routes clinical questions and emergency calls to the clinical staff or physician according to established policy.
2. Registration of new patients, including giving directions to new patients, verifying compatible insurance plans, verifying appropriate referrals authorization and indicating appropriate co-payment.
3. Distribute the mail, incoming faxes and emails.
4. Prepare and send outgoing mail, faxes and emails.
5. Obtains patient registration sheet for all patients. Review these for completeness and request any missing information. Verifies information as necessary, including insurance cards and driver’s license.
6. Verifies address, telephone number, insurance status and any other desired information with repeat patients for currency, updating patient record as necessary.
7. Collect and enter patient payments and post payment into patient accounting system.
8. Send and print-out patients bill and perform collection activities.
9. Scan and attach forms, labs and x-ray reports to electronic medical records.
10. Check out departing patients.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Able to work 12-13 hours shifts 3 days a week. Must be able to work weekends and Holidays. Commuting to multiple sites is also required.