Urgent Care vs. ER
Most of us have a primary care physician who we see when we are sick or have an accident. But what do you do when your preferred provider’s office is closed? Instead of rushing to the emergency room you can go to an urgent care center like ExpressCare, which is a cost-effective, time-efficient alternative when you and your loved ones need treatment. You not only get immediate treatment, but you can get it at a location that is close to home.
So how can you tell if you need to go to the ER or to an urgent care center?
ExpressCare Urgent Care Centers & Walk In Clinic offers urgent health care services:
- Pink Eye
- Broken Bones
- Sore Throats
- and most Non Life Threatening Conditions
Emergency rooms are especially equipped to treat these conditions:
- Signs of a stroke, such as sudden facial paralysis, numbness or weakness in the face, arm or leg (especially on one side); slurred speech; impaired vision or severe dizziness.
- Chest pain in someone over 50 years old
- Severe abdominal pain
- Profuse bleeding or head trauma
- Loss of consciousness
- Very young infants (under 8 weeks old) and the elderly should also go to the ER when they’re ill